Representing the 16th District
Welcome and thank you for visiting my website!
Our daily lives continue to be impacted due to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2021 legislative session will look different this year. The Capitol and all of its buildings remain closed to the public. Most of our members and staff are working remotely. Committee meetings and hearings are being held virtually. It's a session like no other.
It's important to me that you're able to stay connected with me and the issues that matter most to you, your family, and your business. Please use the page as a resource with links on contacting me, signing up and testifying remotely in committees, and other ways for you to stay involved in the legislative process. Your input, opinions, thoughts, and concerns are what shape our work in the Legislature. These remote times may be challenging, but I want to encourage you to stay engaged in the process.
Please visit my contact page to stay in touch with me. You will find my email and phone number on that page. I'm always happy to meet with anyone who requests a meeting, or help you navigate through our current virtual procedures.
The main website to bookmark is: www.leg.wa.gov
Here is some other useful links and information.
- Universal remote testimony: The Legislature has expanded remote testimony capabilities so people can testify on any bill from anywhere up to an hour prior to a committee meeting.
- To testify remotely in the Senate: https://app.leg.wa.gov/CSIRemote/Senate.
- To testify remotely in the House: https://app.leg.wa.gov/CSIRemote/House
- Submit written testimony: People can also submit written testimony on any bill scheduled for a public hearing. People have long been able to submit written comment on a bill, but prior to this year, those comments were sent directly to the constituent's own legislators. The new written testimony system saves comments where committee members and staff can access and read them, and where committee staff will later place it in the committee file and archive it where it will be maintained as part of the public record.
- Written testimony can be submitted at the same links used to sign-in for public testimony above.
- It's all on TVW: As always, every committee meeting, floor session, press conference and special event will be broadcast at TVW.org. This is our state's version of CSPAN.
It's an honor to serve you.
Rep. Skyler Rude
(360) 786-7828 | firstname.lastname@example.org